Large Network Of Engine Suppliers
B16A2 Engine For Sale
If you’re in the marketplace for locating a top notch second hand Honda motor for sale, take a look at Used Engine Finder. In order to obtain the greatest bargain on the ideal used engine for your requirements, we make it possible for you to contact a group of Honda engine importers & salvage yards quickly.
With Used Engine Finder, there’s no need to spend time doing your research. Just let us know what you’re looking for and our salvage yards will answer with several estimates. You can be sure you’re getting the best price since we deal directly with them.
Look for your ideal Honda engine using Used Engine Finder right now!
- Save time and money by utilizing Used Engine Finder to get the best replacement motor.
- Get numerous bids from our trustworthy vendors.
- Deal direct with engine suppliers, making certain you get the best price.
- You may find engines for any and all vehicles here.
Watch this before buying a Used Engine!
If you’re considering buying a used engine, it’s important to know what to look for to avoid any potential problems. A thorough inspection can help you identify any issues before you make your purchase. This video provides valuable tips on what to look for when buying a used engine to ensure it’s in good condition.
B16A2 Engine: Everything You Need to KnowIf you're a fan of Honda engines, you've probably heard of the B16A2 engine. It's a high-performance engine that's been popular with enthusiasts since its introduction in the mid-90s. In this article, we'll take a closer look at the B16A2 engine, including its history, specifications, performance, and more.
1. IntroductionThe B16A2 engine is a 1.6-liter, four-cylinder engine produced by Honda. It was introduced in the mid-90s as an upgrade to the B16A engine, and it quickly gained popularity among Honda enthusiasts due to its high performance and reliability.
2. History of the B16A2 EngineThe B16A2 engine was first introduced in 1994 and was used in the Honda Civic SiR II. It was an upgrade to the B16A engine, which was used in the previous generation of the Civic SiR. The B16A2 engine featured an improved cylinder head, increased compression ratio, and a more aggressive camshaft profile, which resulted in a higher power output. The B16A2 engine was also used in other Honda models, including the Integra Type R and the Del Sol VTEC. It was produced until 2000 when it was replaced by the K20A engine.
3. B16A2 Engine Specifications
Engine TypeThe B16A2 engine is a four-cylinder, inline engine with a DOHC (double overhead camshaft) design. It has a 16-valve configuration with VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) technology.
DisplacementThe B16A2 engine has a displacement of 1,595 cc (97.3 cu in).
Compression RatioThe B16A2 engine has a compression ratio of 10.2:1.
Horsepower and TorqueThe B16A2 engine produces 160 horsepower at 7,600 rpm and 111 lb-ft of torque at 7,000 rpm.
TransmissionThe B16A2 engine was available with a five-speed manual transmission.
4. Performance Upgrades for the B16A2 EngineIf you're looking to get more performance out of your B16A2 engine, there are several upgrades you can make.
Intake and Exhaust SystemsUpgrading the intake and exhaust systems can increase airflow into and out of the engine, which can improve performance. A high-flow air filter and a performance exhaust system can both provide noticeable gains in horsepower and torque.
Turbocharging and SuperchargingFor even more power, you can consider adding a turbocharger or supercharger to your B16A2 engine. These forced induction systems can provide significant increases in power, but they also require additional modifications to the engine and fuel system.
Engine TuningEngine tuning involves making modifications to the engine's ECU (Engine Control Unit) to adjust its parameters for better performance. This can include adjusting the air/fuel ratio, ignition timing, and more. Tuning can provide significant gains in horsepower and torque, but it should be done by a professional to ensure proper safety and reliability.
5. Common Problems with the B16A2 EngineWhile the B16A2 engine is known for its reliability, there are a few common issues to be aware of. One issue is that the engine's timing belt needs to be replaced at regular intervals to avoid potential damage to the engine. Additionally, the engine's valve seals are known to wear out over time, which can cause oil consumption and decreased performance.
6. Maintenance Tips for the B16A2 EngineProper maintenance is essential to ensure the longevity and reliability of your B16A2 engine. Here are a few maintenance tips to keep in mind:
Oil ChangesRegular oil changes are crucial to keep the engine lubricated and prevent wear and tear. Honda recommends changing the oil every 7,500 miles or six months, whichever comes first.
Spark PlugsThe spark plugs should be replaced every 30,000 miles to ensure proper ignition and performance.
Timing BeltThe timing belt should be replaced every 90,000 miles to avoid potential damage to the engine.
CoolantThe engine's coolant should be flushed and replaced every two years to prevent corrosion and overheating.
7. ConclusionThe B16A2 engine is a high-performance engine that has gained a loyal following among Honda enthusiasts. Its combination of power, reliability, and upgradability make it a popular choice for tuners and racers. Proper maintenance and care are crucial to keep the engine running at its best and to ensure its longevity.
- What vehicles use the B16A2 engine?
- The B16A2 engine was used in the Honda Civic SiR II, the Integra Type R, and the Del Sol VTEC.
- What is VTEC technology?
- VTEC (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) technology is a Honda invention that adjusts the engine's valve timing and lift for better performance and efficiency.
- How much horsepower does the B16A2 engine produce?
- The B16A2 engine produces 160 horsepower at 7,600 rpm.
- What are some common problems with the B16A2 engine?
- Common issues include worn valve seals and the need to replace the timing belt at regular intervals.
- What maintenance should be performed on the B16A2 engine?
- Regular oil changes, spark plug replacements, timing belt replacements, and coolant flushes are all essential for proper maintenance of the B16A2 engine.