K20A2 Engine For Sale
Large Network Of Engine Suppliers
K20A2 Engine For Sale For Sale
You can obtain an excellent second hand Honda motor for sale at Used Engine Finder. We let you immediately contact a a network of Honda junkyards and engine importers, so you can find the best bargain for the ideal used engine to meet your needs.
With Used Engine Finder, there’s no need to spend time searching. Merely let us know what you want and our salvage yards will answer with multiple estimates. You can be assured you’re obtaining the best price since we work directly with them.
So don’t delay any longer, discover your perfect engine today with Used Engine Finder.
- When searching for a replacement engine, save time as well as money through the use of Used Engine Finder.
- Receive deals from numerous of our trustworthy engine sellers.
- Deal direct with engine shops, ensuring you receive the very best price.
- You may find engines for just about any and all cars right here.
Watch this before buying a Used Engine!
If you’re considering buying a used engine, it’s important to know what to look for to avoid any potential problems. A thorough inspection can help you identify any issues before you make your purchase. This video provides valuable tips on what to look for when buying a used engine to ensure it’s in good condition.
K20A2 Engine Overview
Brief HistoryThe K20A2 engine was introduced by Honda in 2001 as part of the K-series family of engines. It was designed to offer improved performance and efficiency compared to the earlier B-series engines. The K20A2 quickly became popular, becoming a favorite among car enthusiasts and tuners.
- Engine Type: Inline 4-cylinder, DOHC, 16-valve
- Displacement: 1,998 cc (2.0 L)
- Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
- Bore x Stroke: 86.0 mm x 86.0 mm
- Fuel System: PGM-FI (Programmed Fuel Injection)
Performance and Power
HorsepowerThe K20A2 engine boasts an impressive output of 200 horsepower at 7,400 rpm. The engine's advanced design and Honda's innovative i-VTEC system achieve this high horsepower figure.
TorqueIn addition to its horsepower, the K20A2 engine also offers a healthy torque output of 142 lb-ft at 6,000 rpm, ensuring a responsive and enjoyable driving experience.
RedlineOne of the K20A2 engine's most notable features is its high redline, which sits at an impressive 8,200 rpm. This high-revving nature is a significant factor in the engine's performance and driving characteristics.
i-VTEC SystemHonda's intelligent Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (i-VTEC) system is a key feature of the K20A2 engine. This innovative system combines VTEC technology with Variable Timing Control (VTC) to optimize valve timing and lift across the entire rev range. This results in better fuel efficiency, increased power, and improved throttle response.
Lightweight DesignThanks to its aluminum block and head, the K20A2 engine benefits from a lightweight design. This helps reduce the vehicle's overall weight, contributing to improved handling and acceleration.
ReliabilityOne of the main reasons for the K20A2 engine's popularity is its reputation for reliability. With proper maintenance and care, these engines last for hundreds of thousands of miles without significant issues.
Honda Civic Type R (EP3)The K20A2 engine was first used in the third-generation Honda Civic Type R (EP3), a high-performance version of the popular compact car. This pairing resulted in a fun and engaging driving experience that has become a favorite among enthusiasts.
Acura RSX Type SIn North America, the K20A2 engine was found in the Acura RSX Type S, a sporty coupe with impressive performance and handling capabilities. The RSX Type S was popular for those seeking a stylish and performance-oriented vehicle.
Bolt-On UpgradesThe K20A2 engine offers significant tuning potential, and a wide variety of bolt-on upgrades are available. These include intake and exhaust systems, headers, camshafts, and more. With the right combination of parts, it's possible to extract even more power from this already potent engine.
Forced InductionFor those seeking even greater power gains, the K20A2 engine is known to respond well to forced induction. Turbocharging and supercharging kits are available, and with proper tuning and supporting modifications, these engines can achieve substantial increases in horsepower and torque.
Timing Chain TensionerOne common issue with the K20A2 engine is the timing chain tensioner, which can wear out over time and lead to a noisy engine or, in some cases, catastrophic engine failure. Regular inspections and maintenance can help prevent this issue.
Oil ConsumptionSome K20A2 engines may experience increased oil consumption. This can be due to various factors, such as worn piston rings or valve seals. Regular oil changes and monitoring oil levels can help keep this issue in check.
K20A2 vs. Other K-Series Engines
K20AThe K20A is the Japanese-market counterpart to the K20A2, found in the Honda Integra Type R and Civic Type R. The primary differences are the K20A's higher compression ratio and slightly more aggressive camshaft profiles, resulting in a higher power output of 212-220 horsepower.
K20Z1The K20Z1 is an updated version of the K20A2 engine, found in the 2005-2006 Acura RSX Type S. It features minor revisions, such as a revised intake manifold and camshafts, resulting in a slight power increase to 210 horsepower.
Swapping a K20A2 Engine
CompatibilityThe K20A2 engine is popular for engine swaps, particularly in older Honda and Acura vehicles. The compact size and versatile design of the K20A2 make it an attractive option for those looking to upgrade their vehicle's performance.
Cost and ComplexitySwapping a K20A2 engine can be a complex and costly, mainly if the recipient vehicle was not initially designed to accommodate a K-series engine. However, with the proper knowledge and resources, a K20A2 swap can be a rewarding project for those looking to enhance their vehicle's performance significantly.
The K20A2 LegacyThe K20A2 engine has left a lasting impact on the automotive world thanks to its performance, reliability, and tuning potential. Its versatility has made it a popular choice for engine swaps and has become a favorite among car enthusiasts and tuners. The K20A2 has earned its place in the pantheon of great Honda engines, and its legacy will continue to inspire future generations of car enthusiasts.
ConclusionIn conclusion, the K20A2 engine is a remarkable piece of engineering that offers an ideal balance of performance, reliability, and tuning potential. Its high-revving nature and innovative i-VTEC system contribute to its impressive power output, while its lightweight design and reputation for reliability make it a popular choice among car enthusiasts. With its rich history and impressive performance, the K20A2 engine remains a favorite in the automotive world. FAQs
- What is the difference between the K20A2 and K20A engines? The primary differences between the K20A2 and K20A engines are the higher compression ratio and slightly more aggressive camshaft profiles found in the K20A, which result in a higher power output of 212-220 horsepower.
- Can the K20A2 engine be turbocharged or supercharged? Yes, the K20A2 engine is known to respond well to forced induction, and turbocharging and supercharging kits are available. With proper tuning and supporting modifications, substantial increases in horsepower and torque can be achieved.
- What vehicles came with the K20A2 engine? The K20A2 engine was used in the 2001-2006 Honda Civic Type R (EP3) and the 2002-2004 Acura RSX Type S.
- What are some common issues with the K20A2 engine? Some common issues with the K20A2 engine include a worn timing chain tensioner and increased oil consumption. Regular maintenance and inspections can help prevent and address these issues.
- Is the K20A2 engine suitable for engine swaps? The K20A2 engine is popular for engine swaps, particularly in older Honda and Acura vehicles. Its compact size and versatile design make it an attractive option for those looking to upgrade their vehicle's performance.