Large Network Of Engine Suppliers
H23A1 Engine For Sale
It is easy to get an excellent second hand Honda motor for sale at Used Engine Finder. In order to get the best bargain on the best substitute engine for your requirements, we make it possible for you to reach a group of Honda engine importers & junk yards instantly.
Trying hard to find an engine is no longer necessary thanks to Used Engine Finder. Just let us know what you’re looking for, and our traders get you various deals. Our direct relationship with the seller makes sure that we are able to offer you the ideal prices.
So don’t wait around any more, discover your ideal engine today with Used Engine Finder.
- Save time and cash by using Used Engine Finder to discover the best replacement engine.
- Get many bids from our reputable junkyards.
- The greatest prices may be acquired by dealing directly with engine sellers.
- Find motors for all models and makes of cars.
Watch this before buying a Used Engine!
If you’re considering buying a used engine, it’s important to know what to look for to avoid any potential problems. A thorough inspection can help you identify any issues before you make your purchase. This video provides valuable tips on what to look for when buying a used engine to ensure it’s in good condition.
Honda H23: A Comprehensive Guide to Honda's Iconic EngineHonda Motor Company has been one of the leading innovators in the automotive industry for many years. One of their most popular engines is the Honda H23, produced from 1991-2002. This powerful engine has many great features, such as its aluminum cylinder block, inline-4 configuration, and DOHC valvetrain with four valves per cylinder. It's also known for its impressive power output, torque output, and fuel efficiency. This article will dive deep into the Honda H23 engine and discuss its features, specifications, and performance capabilities. We'll also look at some of the vehicles where the engine was installed and provide tips on maintaining and tuning the engine for optimal performance.
1. IntroductionThe Honda H23 engine is a four-cylinder engine that the Honda Motor Company produced from 1991-2002. It was designed for the Honda Accord, Honda Prelude, and Honda Ascot Innova. The engine is known for its impressive power output, torque output, and fuel efficiency, making it a popular choice for many car enthusiasts.
2. Honda H23 OverviewThe Honda H23 engine was designed to be a high-performance engine that could handle much power and torque. It features an aluminum cylinder block, which makes it lightweight and durable. It also has an inline-4 configuration, which helps to provide more power and torque than a standard V6 engine. The engine also has a DOHC valvetrain with four valves per cylinder. This means there are two camshafts in the engine, one for the intake valves and one for the exhaust valves. Each cylinder has four valves, two for intake and two for exhaust. This allows for better airflow and improved engine performance.
3. Engine Design and ConfigurationThe Honda H23 engine has an inline-4 configuration, meaning the four cylinders are arranged straight. This design allows for better weight distribution and improved handling. It also makes the engine more compact, essential for smaller cars. The engine has a DOHC valvetrain, meaning two camshafts are in the engine. This design allows for better control over the valve timing and improves engine performance. The engine also has four valves per cylinder, which allows for better airflow and improved combustion.
4. Cylinder Block AlloyThe Honda H23 engine has an aluminum cylinder block, which makes it lightweight and durable. Aluminum is an excellent material for engines because it is strong, light, and has good thermal conductivity. This means the engine can handle high temperatures without overheating and quickly dissipate heat.
5. Valvetrain and Cylinder HeadThe Honda H23 engine has a DOHC valvetrain with four valves per cylinder. This design allows for better airflow and improved combustion. The engine also has a cylinder head designed to provide optimal performance while keeping the engine cool. The cylinder head is also designed to reduce friction and improve fuel efficiency.
6. Piston Stroke and Cylinder BoreThe Honda H23 engine has a piston stroke of 95 mm (3.74 inches) and a cylinder bore of 87 mm (3.43 inches). The piston stroke and cylinder bore are essential factors in determining the engine's displacement, discussed in the next section.
7. Compression RatioThe Honda H23 engine has a compression ratio of 9.8:1 for non-VTEC models and 10.6:1 for VTEC models. The compression ratio is the ratio of the volume of the cylinder when the piston is at the bottom of its stroke to the importance of the cylinder when it is at the top. A higher compression ratio means the engine can produce more power and torque.
8. DisplacementThe Honda H23 engine has a displacement of 2258 cc (138.8 cu in). The removal is the total volume of all the cylinders in the engine. A larger displacement engine can produce more power and torque than a smaller one.
9. Power OutputThe Honda H23 engine has four different power output levels, depending on the model:
- 118 kW (160 HP) at 5,800 pm
- 121 kW (165 HP) at 5,800 pm
- 140 kW (190 HP) at 6,800 pm
- 147 kW (200 HP) at 6,800 rpm
10. Torque OutputThe Honda H23 engine has four different torque output levels, depending on the model:
- 209 Nm (154 lb·ft) at 4,500 rpm
- 212 Nm (156 lb·ft) at 4,500 rpm
- 221 Nm (163 lb·ft) at 5,300 rpm
- 221 Nm (163 lb·ft) at 5,300 rpm
11. Redline and HP per LiterThe Honda H23 engine has a redline of 6,500 rpm for non-VTEC models and 7,200 rpm for VTEC models. The redline is the maximum engine speed that is safe for the engine to operate at. The engine also has a horsepower per liter (HP/L) rating, measuring the engine's efficiency. The Honda H23 engine has the following HP/L ratings, depending on the model:
- 70.9 HP/L
- 73.1 HP/L
- 84.1 HP/L
- 88.6 HP/L
12. Fuel Type and Fuel EfficiencyThe Honda H23 engine runs on gasoline. The fuel efficiency of the engine depends on the vehicle that it is installed in, but the Honda Accord with the H23 engine has the following fuel efficiency ratings:
- City: 13.1 L/100 km (18 mpg)
- Highway: 7.3 L/100 km (32 mpg)
- Combined: 9.4 L/100 km (25 mpg)
13. Weight and TurbochargerThe Honda H23 engine weights 220 kg (485 lbs) for the H23A VTEC model. The engine is naturally aspirated, meaning it does not have a turbocharger. A turbocharger can increase the engine's power output, but it also increases the complexity of the engine and can lead to decreased reliability.
14. Oil Consumption and Recommended Engine OilThe Honda H23 engine has a low oil consumption rate of up to 0.5 L/1000 km (1 qt. per 1200 miles). This means the engine does not need to be topped up with oil frequently. The engine also has several recommended engine oil types, including 5W-30, 5W-40, 10W-30, 10W-40, 10W-50, 15W-40, and 15W-50.
15. Engine Oil Capacity and Oil Change IntervalThe Honda H23 engine has an engine oil capacity of 4.3 L (4.5 qt.). The recommended oil change interval is 5,000-10,000 km (3,000-6,000 miles). Changing the engine oil regularly is important to keep the engine running smoothly and prevent engine damage.
16. Normal Engine Operating TemperatureThe normal engine operating temperature for the Honda H23 engine is not specified in the provided information.
17. Engine LifespanThe official information regarding the engine's lifespan is not specified in the provided information. However, the engine can last for over 200,000 km (120,000 miles) with proper maintenance and care.
18. TuningThe Honda H23 engine is popular for tuning enthusiasts because of its high power and torque output. With the right modifications, the engine can produce over 250+ HP without sacrificing its lifespan. However, it's important to note that improper tuning can decrease engine lifespan and reliability.
19. Vehicles That the Engine Was Installed InThe Honda H23 engine was installed in several different vehicles, including the Honda Accord, Honda Prelude, and Honda Ascot Innova.
20. Maintenance TipsTo keep your Honda H23 engine running smoothly, it's important to perform regular maintenance. This includes changing the engine oil and oil filter, checking and replacing the air filter, and performing regular tune-ups. It's also important to keep the engine clean and to address any issues as soon as they arise.
21. ConclusionThe Honda H23 engine is a powerful and reliable engine that has been popular among car enthusiasts for many years. With its lightweight aluminum cylinder block, DOHC valvetrain, and impressive power and torque output, it's easy to see why the engine has such a dedicated following. Following proper maintenance procedures and tuning the engine correctly makes it possible to get even more performance out of this iconic engine.
- Is the Honda H23 engine reliable?
- What vehicles were the Honda H23 engine installed in?
- Can the Honda H23 engine be turbocharged?
- What is the recommended engine oil for the Honda H23 engine?
- How long can the Honda H23 engine last?